Thursday, March 15, 2012

Slice2012 15 of 31: On the Road

It is crazy how much tech is happening here in the Honda minivan since leaving Dublin, Ohio. One son is hooked up his portable DVD player and is enjoying Racing Stripes. My two older boys have downloaded the NCAA app on my husband's xyboard and now are happily watching New Mexico and Long Beach State after figuring out how to enable the device to be a "hot spot." My husband has his droid propped up with the gps guiding us to Tennessee. And, I have downloaded the blogger app on my iPhone so I can post tonight. ( missing my computer but glad to learn something new).

I can remember driving to Florida with a book, a pillow and blanket. Now we are completely plugged in and connected. The car used to be a place to unplug. Now it mimics being at home with our devices. I appreciate being able to plug in but look forward to unplugging when we get to the beach. Battery low and have to go.
Crossing my fingers this post publishes decently with pic and all.

5 comments:

Katherine Sokolowski said...

How fun! And I hear you about being unplugged in the car. More and more it seems that being unplugged happens less and less.

mary b. said...

Unplug and enjoy your break!

Carol said...

I agree- unplug, pick up a great book and enjoy!!!!

Karen said...

The boys look incredibly happy, and I happen to know that one of those boys has 4 books that will keep him occupied. Have a safe trip and enjoy!!

Mandy said...

We both wrote about blogging with blogger app and being unplugged. Enjoy and keep on slicing.