Monday, April 19, 2010

Second Grade Wonder Walk

Not sure if you checked out the wonder walk video I created with the flip camera. It is here if you haven't checked it out. I mentioned it again because my students have been wondering about everything!

We have read books about wondering, posted wonder posts in our blog and written, painted and answered heart wonders of our own. Last week on a beautiful spring day in Ohio, I handed them the flip cameras (after watching the wonder walk video for the 2nd time and thinking about how we could wonder with a flip) and they were off to film the wonders around our school. We are very fortunate to have beautiful grounds with a wetland like habitat that borders the front of our school. I haven't yet had a chance to teach them the flip share software but I played with their clips to create this short wonder video that they made. I also figured out how to embed it in our class blog ( I posted it under my blog) which means they can read my post, comment and later create and then add their movies to their blogs!!! I am so anxious to see their reaction when they watch the video on our class blog tomorrow!!!

9 comments:

BookChook said...

Great wondering!

Tara and Dale said...

Love, love, love this! How incredibly authentic for kids and fun as well. Thanks for sharing. :)

Abby said...

You inspire me.

Maureen said...

Yeah! Flip cameras in the hands of kids who are thinking and loving learning. Thanks, Katie!

Shannon Price said...

Katie, you are absolutely an inspiration! Thank you for sharing, and for giving us such wonderful ideas! We are all so lucky to work with you every day!

Julie said...

Katie,
It sounds like we are on the same journey with our kids. I am amazed at their questions and the information they've been able to glean. I look forward to reading more.

Julie said...

I'm curious about your class blog. What are you using?

Mr. Brown said...

Incredible video! I love the kids' wonderings!

online dissertation help said...

Awesome, to my big regret I have lost a lot of time searching the net to find something as interesting as your blog.