Saturday, December 6, 2008

Posts About Gifts


There have been many posts about which books are best to buy for gifts this holiday season. Mother Reader has posted 21 Ways To Give a Book. HipWriterMama has posted book ideas for preteens and The Miss Rumphius Effect shares her purchases and ideas about what to buy the readers ad writers in your life. I have made purchases for my students, my kids, family and friends. I don't have time to share it all now but wanted to share what I bought for my students.
This book is called a sketch and tell book and I purchased it online at Dick Blick. I paid 1.59 per book for 22 kids and I know it will be worth every penny. (I am probably going to buy a cool pens or pencils to go with this.) I was inspired when my Kindergarten son came home with one after a visit to the bookstore (a gift from the grandparents). He wrote in it all day.
I also know this will work as a gift because one of my students brought in a Bare Book that his mom purchased for him. She noticed that he has taken a interest in writing and knew this book would inspire him. He has been writing at home and brought it in to share with the class. The kids were like drooling over his book. I am crossing my fingers that this idea is a hit!

5 comments:

Karen Szymusiak said...

Great gift, Katie!

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, a great gift for the first grade class I work with. Thank you.

Vivian Mahoney said...

Your students are going to love the book! What a thoughtful gift.

Karen said...

Wonderful find!! Your kids will love it!

Cassy said...

These make great gifts. I give my 4th graders journals, special pens, and colored pencils every year. They love them!