Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Our last day

Today was the last day of summer at our house. I start back at school for two work days and my kids are off with the grandparents (it is so nice to have family close). We slept in, laid around the house and then ran the last minute back to school errands. School shoes were purchased (I let them choose and I had to hold my tongue about the bulky- loud sketchers they each chose). Then we were off to Sam's Club for a few items. We ate lunch and then I promised to get them home to hang with the neighbors. They were elated to just be home on their last day. They adventured in their forest of forts, raced down the sidewalk on bikes and were sucked into the neighbor's wii. At dinner we shared mad-sad-glad (a conversation game we play on a rare evening when we eat together). Larry, Mo and Curly quite simply were glad to play...to ride bikes, to be with friends and be with each other. I was so happy they were happy. I will long for days like today when the rat race begins. So long summer...

1 comment:

Sarah Amick said...

I mourn with you. We build very special memories during the summer don't we. I have to think about all the moms that work during the summer. Do those kids just go to daycare? I am so caught up in summer that I forget how blessed I am to have the summer off with my children. Again, my sympathies!