Saturday, October 3, 2009

Benny and Penny: The Big No-No!


Last year, I added a number of "primary" graphic novels to my classroom library. Among them were a few that Mary Lee mentioned in her post about Graphic Novels for our Youngest Readers. This year, I am noticing how much the kids are enjoying the graphic novel basket. In fact, I have had requests from many of the kids to keep adding to our collection. One boy mentioned that I needed to buy the second book in the Benny and Penny series. (I had no idea that there was a second in the series.) He then shared how he found it at the public library with his mom. He suggested I get it for our room. So, I did!
Benny and Penny and the Big No-No! is the story of brother, Benny, and sister, Penny Mouse. In this adventure, Benny and Penny go searching for a lost pail. They find footprints and decide to search over the fence and in the new kid's yard. They find mud pies, more footprints and eventually a new friend named Melina. This short adventure is full of little kid silliness, teasing, apologies and laughter. Check it out!


2 comments:

Mandy said...

I loved the first Benny and Penny, thanks for the heads up there was a second one. I just love when a student shares new findings with me. It means we've sparked them to look further.

Mary Lee said...

Ditto, me, Mandy! When kids start making recommendations, you know you've totally hooked them, in school and out!