Sunday, June 1, 2008

Looking back

The end of the year is in sight. I was thinking about what has made me stop, think and change this year.
My team...I can't help but think about how lucky I was to work with two of the most kindhearted and caring teachers this year. They both have taught me quite a bit about friendship and teamwork. They have an obvious love for children but also for others. Thanks girls!

My students... this year have started to learn what true patience looks like, sounds like and feels like ( thanks in part to a book called Being Good). I will just admit that I was challenged. I thank the author and the many friends that I bounced ideas off of...they helped me remember that kids come first.

My students...if not for these amazing kids, I would not have been challenged to think about what makes them tick or not to tick. After learning with them this year, I find myself setting goals for next year : how can I bridge fluency at home (reading and rereading easy books more often and communicating this with parents...open house?) and how can I make publishing more creative and integrate with technology?

My own kids and family...I can't wait to wake up and say "What should we do today?" Thanks for letting me put work first sometimes.

Summer, here I come!!!

3 comments:

Mary Lee said...

We're ALL sooooooo ready to have our own lives back!

Sarah Amick said...

Welcome to summer! I know I spent my first week just waking up when my eyelids opened! It will be great huh!

Anonymous said...

I will miss your smiling face each day. I just realized your blog is yet another way to stay in touch! hugs, Josie