Saturday, April 12, 2008

A New Favorite Picture Book


This week marks our last school book fair for the year and I found gold!!!!

Dog and Bear: Two Friends Three Stories
jumped out at me as I noticed it on the top shelf of the rolling carts. I picked it up and was happy to read about these likable characters. The book has three short stories which include: Bear in a Chair, Play with me! Play with me! and Dog Changes his Name. Each story (each included in the one picture book) is 5-6 pages with a few words on each page, some repetition and an adorable twist to each story that leaves the reader wanting to read more about their relationship antics. This book is perfect for first graders as they build stamina with books that have more than one story about the same characters. It feels like a George and Martha for K-1 and is a step before Frog and Toad. Dog and Bear will make someone happy. I also found Dog and Bear: Two's Company after searching for this title at Powell's. Can't wait to check it out too. Yet another reason to love this book...it is part of a series!!!

No comments: