Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Gingerbread Man Loose on the Fire Truck by Laura Murray

I was so happy when I saw The Gingerbread Man Loose in the Fire Truck at the bookstore!!! My kids loved the first book, The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School, and I know they will be anxious to know there is yet another book about this spicy little gingerbread man.

I think we all go through a little doubt when reading a second in a series...will it live up to the first? I felt like this one did and I think the kids will love it too.  After joining his class on a field trip to the fire station the little gingerbread man dodges the station dalmatian and ends up exploring the station and joins a rescue of which the fire men are appreciative.  This little guy is clever and bold!  I am happy to add it to my series basket of picture book characters that kids love.

You can visit Laura Murray's website to check out the book trailer to The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School.   I love Mike Lowery's illustrations and his work as well, I own another of his books: Ribbit Rabbit because of the vowel play within the text (I use for a reread in word study) and the real relationship between frog and rabbit.
Enjoy!


1 comment:

L. Murray said...

It was such a wonderful surprise to see the smart little cookie featured on your blog - thank you! It is a huge honor that you feel that it lives up to LOOSE IN THE SCHOOL! I hope all the soon-to-be fire fighters out there enjoy it, and that teachers and librarians can us it as a fun complement to their Fire Prevention week in October. There will be a activity, common core-linked teacher's guide on my website in the next week. Lots of printables and ideas to use in the classroom. :) Enjoy!