Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Learning from Saline Michigan

My one and only conference of the summer was filled with learning.  I don't think I've ever been to a conference with 6 writerly teachers of whom I learned so much.  It was a a true learning experience for me in so many ways. I will be thinking about the big ideas I carried away from this conference through out the summer.  If you haven't read the work of the following women...you must!!
Ann Marie Corgill    Of Primary Importance
Cathy Mere               More than Guided Reading
Debbie Miller           Teaching with MeaningTeaching with Intention

Franki  Sibberson    Beyond Leveled Books
                                   Still Learning to Read                                                                              
Kathy Collins            Growing Readers, Reading for Real
Mary Lee Hahn         Reconsidering the Read Aloud

No comments: