Saturday, January 8, 2011

Game Night



Over the holiday, we spent lots of time playing games. Our new favorite is Quirkle. I think it fits our family because the kids and adults can play independently (this is nice because in the past our second grader has had to team up when he isn't understanding a game). While it is a game of pattern building with either color or shape, to win it requires lots of strategy to acquire the most points. It takes a little under an hour to finish the game. I also like the game because we are not sitting on the laptop, touches or ipad all night. Don't get me wrong, I love to be on line reading and the kids love their music and apps but this is helping to keep us talking, thinking and laughing with each other too.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I have seen this game around a lot recently but haven't got to play it myself. Looks like a really fun game though :)

Mary Lee said...

Looks like a lot of fun! After this, SET wouldn't be so hard!

Katie Dicesare said...

Mary Lee- So funny, I was thinking about SET as I purchased this game. DEfinitely a game to intro before as kids only have to keep track of 2 attributes.

Gresham said...

My family LOVES this game. Pentago and Qwirkle are our new family favorites.

MasterShake13 said...

This looks like a fun game!! I'm browsing for new game ideas...we recently started doing a monthly Neighborhood Family Game Night; the first week of every month, all the families in the neighborhood get together (we rotate houses, and the host house provides dinner!), we play team board games, have lottery wheels with small prizes, and set up a projector to watch movies! It's a great way to get to know the families in the neighborhood, make new friends, welcome newcomers to the neighborhood, and spend a fun night with your family! :)

Mercedes said...

I love this game! Qwirkle is such an interactive game and holds the attention of my 10 & 17 year old, which is important! Sometimes my husband and I pull out the Lottery Wheels and give out small prizes such as a free day without chores or one new item from the mall. This really helps our kids appreciate learning, fun and family!