Friday, August 7, 2009

Voice Thread: Bike Ride (click ok then play)



Today we took a bike ride and documented the ride by taking pictures. The kids and I shared the photography work. My middle son (who had already played with voice thread) jumped into retelling our ride. I couldn't stop thinking about all the planning/prewriting he was doing as he would practice storytelling with each slide. He would often stop and delete his comment after hearing himself. He would hear what he wanted to change after his voice was played back to him automatically after the initial recording. It was great practice for him and fun.

9 comments:

Abby said...

Oh yay! I LOVE it!!

Shelly said...

Amazing! Priceless! Way to go, Katie and friends. So many ways to use this in the classroom. Thanks for sharing!

Lauren said...

What a wonderful bike ride. Tell Jack I really enjoyed his story. Thank you for sharing your adventure:)

Mary Lee said...

Oh, yeah. VoiceThread. One more thing to figure out before school starts.

What do you think -- spend more time on VoiceThread or on Pixie? Or maybe neither for the upper grades.

Julie said...

Katie,
You have pqued my interest in voice threads. I've been wanting to figure it out. I'm going to take a lesson from you and jump in with something we do all the time. My daughter and nephew are getting ready to make cupcakes. I'm going to document it and then try out the voice thread. Thanks for the inspiration! Julie

Katie Dicesare said...

ML-
I think pixie has more options (voice layover, create pictures, take pics, create slideshow). The value in voice thread is that you can receive comments on your creations (check the website). I happen to think voice threads are easier (less is more). If we could go public this would be beneficial but we are stuck there. I think both are valuable for older kids.

Karen said...

I'm just catching up on my blog reading and had to comment on this wonderful project. First of all, his commitment and focus are precious. Second, implications for my own classroom are great. Thanks for sharing!

Stella said...

Love it, Love it, Love it!! Oh the endless possibilities! Thanks for sharing this will all of us Katie!

BookChook said...

I started playing with voice thread, and got sidetracked, so thanks for the reminder. I love technology that encourages kids to express themselves and think about their communications. I'm off to check Pixie.