Saturday, July 14, 2007

Taking a Break


I am off to Lake Cumberland for an annual boat trip with my husband's side of the family. This is our 30th year anniversary but I have only truly been boating for 10 years with the women in his family. It is a memorable, spiritual and anticipated event each summer. I will only be enjoying 3 days on the boat while the rest of the crew will spend a week(yes, can you believe no kids). Needless to say I won't be blogging but will be catching up on Harry Potter. I have read them all but need to come back to book 5 (for the movie) and 6 (it has soooo much and I don't remember;I feel I need to reread to everything I can about the horcruxes to feel ready for 7). I am a fan and have been listening to The Order of the Phoenix all summer in and out of the car to review. I just downloaded The Half Blood Prince and will try to get in as much as I can in the car. What is it about Harry Potter that I love? Is it the characters? Or, is it that I have always loved fantasy? One of my favorites as a kid was A Wrinkle in Time.

See you sometime later this week...

4 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Katie!

I found your blog while reading Franki and Mary Lee's. I'm excited to be reading your ideas and thoughts about literacy--and especially how you try to balance being just "mom" with not being too "teachery" with your boys (something I think about often). I'm sure I'll see you in church soon!

Donna Johnson

Sarah Amick said...

Katied- I want to thank you for your posts regarding your son and learning about poetry. I recently posted a post about my daughter and a poetry lesson. It was a really great mentor text time for me. Thank you for inspiring that special moment.
Keep blogging.
Oh yeah, hope you enjoy your boat vacation!

Anonymous said...

Katie-

I couldn't help but cry when I read your blogs. I am so proud that you finally did what you always talked about for the past year. After reading ALL your blogs, it took me back to your classroom and the days with the kids. I miss everything so much and I am so excited to hear about this upcoming school year.

Ashley

Katie Dicesare said...

Ashley-
Thanks...me too! I don't know what I'll do without you. Stop in anytime. I'll be in touch soon!